torsdag 16. januar 2014

12 tags of Christmas 2013 - Vintage with origami tree - tag number four


This tag was number four of a series of 12 tags in the December issue of the Norwegian magazine -  "Ett trykk". I wanted to show different styles and techniques. This is an example of vintage. I also used origami to create the tree.

Vintage is a style where one often use old photos, light or brown colours, often with an aged or distressed effect. Lace and flowers are often used. I created the cones from left over paper and the tree from a coffee filter. I also wanted to show that a lot of the embellishment can be home made, The materials for a tag like this do not need to be large, but the effect can still be good.



I have used Tim Holtz Sizzix: Movers & Shapers Base Die - Tag & Bookplates to create the basis for the tag. Background paper from  Panduro – Poppydesign – Vibeke Spigseth paper pad – Christmas.  I have added gesso with a spunge and added glitter to create the snow effect.

The tree is made from coffee filters. I cut out squares from the coffee filteres in different sizes, stamped with Tim Holtz – Stampers Anonymous – Mini Blueprints #3 with Versafine (Onyx Black) ink


I have added a tutorial from you-tube on folding the tree.


The cones has been cut with scissors from left over paper, glued and rolled. I have also added a small plastic bag with spruce seeds, a piece of peat for seedlings and an Ice cream stick - marked Christmas tree. 



If you ad seeds to your craft - be careful with sending it abroad. It is important not to send wild seeds abroad, as this can destroy the flora. 


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...