This week, StampARTic is inspiring you to use old game pieces. I have created a Mixed Media book cover with some round game pieces.
Some time ago, I took a workshop with Andy Skinner. I have thought about using some of the skills from the class to develop my own work. I also wanted to create a cover for my Art Journal. So I decided to use some of the techniques on a mixed media cover.
I used a white sheet of paper and created effects of the crater in the paper with Molding Paste. The idea for "netting" effect in the paper is from Andy Skinners class. I have used Triton Acrylic markers with a paintbrush, and dry painted the colours on the top of the texture effect. A lot of the metal has also been painted with Triton markes - just to test them out - and YES they are brilliant! I love the idea of having good paint for Mixed Media in a marker. I also love the idea, that it is water soluble before it has dried, but waterproof when it has dried.
- Prima - September BAP -Sketch - Featured
- Divas by design challenge - Anything goes
- 7 kids challenge blog - Anything goes
- Hiding in my craftroom - Scraps
- A creative romance - Anything goes
- Crafting at the weekend - Anything goes
- Picture and scrap - Alt er lov
- Storyteller Norge - Alt er lov
- The mirror crack - Anything Mixed Media goes
- Lets create challenges - Anything goes
- Craft creatoins - Anything goes
- Creative fingers challenge blog - Anything goes
- 4 krafty girlz challenges - Anything goes
- Crafting from the hear - Anything goes
- Stamping with dragon - Anything but a card
- Scrap-creations - Favourite embellishment (metal embellishment)
- Simon says stamp - Background technique