Last weekend I took some steam punk photos with some friends. I wanted to challenge myself and make a LO out of one of my photos. I really don't blog a lot of LOs, and I have often found it difficult to make a LO with lots of layers and making my own background - so I made the decision to have a go.
As a background, I have used Prima paper - Orchestra Lyric, box office lyric and Prelude Lyric. Inside the split at the top of the page and on the banners, I have used Prima - Botanical - My Darling. I have also worked on the background to get some texture. I have used a handmade stencil and gesso to make the brick pattern. The bricks have been coloured with distress ink. The edges of the page has been coloured with gesso and Stewart Gill Meta Mica Verde Gris.
Some of the flowers are made from Mathia flowers, some are from Prima and some are from Penny Lane. Some of the gears are cut with gear dies by Tim Holtz. I have used old soda cans and cardboard. The gears have been painted with gesso, Meta Mica and Alcohol ink. Some of the gears have been cut in gold paper using a silhouette.
The chicken wire pattern has been made with a homemade stencil and distress ink.
The tag frame - is a dies from Tim Holtz. The tag has been cut in cardboard, painted green and then I have added a thin layer of gesso.
The text - The wild side - is a digital stamp, that I made. I am giving it as a freebie.
I am entering these challenges:
- Ett trykk - jubileumsutfordringer - utfordring 5 - Bakgrunner med struktur
- Scrap creations - Flower Power - Top 3
- Dilly beans challenge - Pastels
- One stop craft - Challenge 224 - Pastels
- Fussy and fancy - Challenge 86 - Faux technique (bricks and gears)
- Totally gorjuss - Challenge 178 - Anything goes with sparkle
- 2 sisters challenge blog - Challenge 139 - Hats
- Deep ocean - Challenge 49 - Flowers and Fantasy
- Nordsalten hobbyklubb - Utfordring 71 - Punch and dies - Top 3
- Crafting for all seasons - challenge 49 - Floral delight