For some reason, I like owls. The other day, I picked up a small Muji owl (from Åhlens) to be built out of cardboard. I wanted to learn how build one of these - so I had a go.
This is how the Muji owl looks after assembling.
The owl was painted with gesso and I added some MetaMica (Blue steel) on the wings and tail for effect. All the feathers are glued on to the owl one by one. They have been made, from punched and distressed flowers, where the petals have been cut of to make feathers.
The base was covered with strips of paper, embossed with distress embossing powder (vintage photo and pine needles). I also added some Distress paint (Forest moss) and Gesso. The base was also decorated with roses, flowers from Prima and a Prima bird.
I am entering these challenges:
- Simon says stampand and show - Favourite ink - (distress ink weathered wood and vintage photo)
- Bearlymine challenges - Anything goes
- Whimsy inspires - Challenge 59 - Anything goes
- Crafts and me - Challenge 134 - Lots of layers
- Card and scrap - Utfordring 55 - Lag på lag - Top 3
- Anonyme scrapper - Chipboard
- By the cute and girly - May flowers
- Trykkpressa mai 2013 - Alt annet enn kort