I was going to make an Easter egg for a friend. I wanted to make different egg, and therefore I made a Steampunk egg.
This started out as a normal paper mache Easter egg. I mounted it on a stand, fixing each side of the stand to each side of the egg. Half of the egg was covered with embossed metal tape, and the other half was covered with gesso. The structure was added to the gesso before it dried. Then the gesso was painted black and golden Meta Mica was added for effect.
The wings is my own design. They have been cut with a Silhouette and embossed.
The hooks has been designed and cut with the silhouette. Several layers of paper hooks has been glued together to create the strength needed.
The egg opens with the opening vertical. The inside of the egg has been covered with papers from
Graphic 45 -Botanical Tea Collection - Birds of a Feather
I am entering these challenges:
- Craft your passion - Anything but a square
- Simon says stamp blog - Anything goes
- Scrap creations - Spring
- Crafty boots challenges - Easter
- Creatalicious challenges -Easter
- Krafty hands challenge - Easter
- My bestie Norge - Påske
- Storyteller Norge - Påske
- 7 kids challenge blog - Anything goes
- Corrosive challenges - Metal
- My sheri crafts - Anything but a card
- Sugar creek hollow - Make your own background