I thought of decorating at least one Easter egg this year. I had a lot of acrylic sea through Easter eggs in my studio, that I have wanted to decorate for some time. I now found them, and got inspired by Prima's challenge this month - #PrimaColorChallenge. I got out a lot of my Prima stash, and started the project.
The finished egg was decorated on the inside with a golden touchm and on the outside with the fantastic green - blue paint from Finnabair.
The egg was first decorated with golden leaf and Finnabair's paint on the outside of the egg. This would be seen through the acrylic egg, so thinkig through the colours to start with was important. I started with decopage glue and golden leaf, and painted with Finnabir's paint after that.
Then I added die cuts to the outside of the egg, together with lace.
I also added lots of micro beads, and beads. Then I spraypainted it black. Then I added more of Finnabair's paints as dry painting, to create a dimentional effect.
Flowers and leaves were added, together with lots of Prima bling.
Some og the micro beads can be seen under the flowers.
The flowers got painted with some diluted paint and golden wax.
The egg can be opened to fit a litte gift or some sweets.
Ready to fill the egg
Wishing you a Happy Easter.