tirsdag 31. mars 2015

A Prima Mixed Media vintage Telephone box - a class

 Last weekend, I had an advanced Silhouette class. One of the tasks for the participants, was to create their own telephone box from a photo.


This photo box, is my own design. The photo box is made with Papers from Prima's Sun Kiss Collection - Sun Dried. I have mounted a small led light inside the photo box. The battery is hidden in the roof of the telephone box. I have used a 3V battery from an old computer. The switch for the led light is from an electrical tea light, that I dismantled.



I have created a vintage telephone inside the telephone box. I have also made small telephone books, which is hanging from the telephone table inside the box. The door to the telephone box is hinged, and locks with a magnet.


The flowers are mainly from Prima, but some of them are also from Wild Orchid craft. The base is done with papers from The Stationers desk. The base has also been covered with an overlay with words. The overlay was the base for a set of Prima flowers. I have always saved these overlays, to see if I could use them for something. I have also used Gesso, micro beads, stamps and different paints on the base, to create some effects.


The tap, is from a Prima set, designed by Ingvild Bolme. I have used Meta Mica to create effects on the tap. The water drops has been made by cutting half beads from round to drops.


The sign in from Prima, and has been mounted on a part from a vintage type writer.


The butterfly is a wood icon from Prima.








I am entering these challenges:

15 kommentarer:

  1. this is brilliant. When I saw the picture with your photo in it - I thought it was actually you sat at the side of the model you'd made - I thought it was a massive project... lol. I thought 'that would have taken a lot of papers to cover' - how silly of me. I love it - and all the little details too. x x x

    SvarSlett
  2. Wow - you did an amazing job creating this phone booth. The detail is awesome - including the light, the phone, the door - and a mini you sitting outside the phone booth. I love it - it's wonderful and gorgeous!

    SvarSlett
  3. This is just totally awesome!!!!

    SvarSlett
  4. Wow, wow, wow times three!!! This is phenomenal! I am so impressed at this piece of art and love how you used pastels for the color scheme, which was totally unexpected. I lived in London for over a year, so phone booths have a tender place in my heart and I adore this one. I just kept staring at the pictures! It has such incredible detail even down to the chain that holds the phone book. This is both elegant and whimsical and I thought it was so clever of you to put your own picture in this, too. Really stunning work and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    SvarSlett
  5. OMG I have never seen anything like this before, just amazing the amount of detail is fabulous. I am just blown away with this creation a true masterpiece.
    Thanks for joining us at Cute and Daisy and I hope we will see more of your work very soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    SvarSlett
  6. I think I'm about to pass out! Seriously the coolest thing I've seen and it lights up...holy crud, this is AWESOME!!! You have truly earned the title paper whisperer!!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    SvarSlett
  7. This is fabulous! I love all the details you have added
    Thanks for playing with us this week at 7 Kids Collage Fund.
    Huggs

    SvarSlett
  8. WOW, this is amazing! Just gorgeous and clever! Love it! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge!

    SvarSlett
  9. Wow, this is incredible!!!! I can only imagine the hard work and patience that it took to create this little masterpiece! Thanks so much for sharing it with us here at www.7kidscollegefund.com!!!!!

    SvarSlett
  10. What a Fabulous projekt. I love the color combinations. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Crazy Challenge!

    SvarSlett
  11. OMG Kirsten~~Ingenious!!!!! WOW!!!! Brilliant thinking!! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious Anything Goes Challenge!!
    Hugs

    SvarSlett
  12. How fun! You do excellent, beautiful work.

    SvarSlett
  13. Congratulations on being chosen as one of our Designer Spotlight winners over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! I told you this piece was incredible! Well done!

    SvarSlett
  14. A gorgeous project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...