This year, one of the tasks in the competition at Ski treffet was to get inspired by chocolate. I bought a box of chocolates, "Gode ønsker" from Freia, and decided to decorate the box. The project started with crafting a cardboard draw for the chocolate box, and ended with crafting a vintage gramophone. The draw with chocolates fits inside the gramophone. And this was the result.
The gramophone box is made of a cardboard box. It is is covered with paper from "Melissa Frances - C'est La vie - Newsprint". The draw and the top (under the gears) is covered with "Melissa Frances - C'est la vie - Green Honeycomb paper".
The legs are "Tim Holtz Ideaology: Foundations". The nob on the drawer is from Biltema. The nob was clear silver, and has been distressed with a stamp pad.
The text "Gode ønsker" has been made by taking a photo of the text on the chocolate box and cutting it out of silver paper with a silhouette machine. The silver paper has been distressed with a stamp pad.
Some of the flowers and leaves are Mathia design from Hobbykunst. Some of the roses are from Minnehjørnet,
The gold paper has been cut from gold card stock from Søstrene Grene.
I have seen several gramophones made out of paper, and several scrapped ones. I made the decision to make a gramophone that could work (in theory). Therefore, I made a paper crank connected to two gears - so the record could turn around. I also covered the gears with blank plastic - to make the gears visible. This gramophone does not work at the moment - but with small adjustments - it should in theory be able to work, and play the record, just by turning the paper crank.
I am entering these challenges:
- Tsg clear stamps - Anything goes
- Craft your passion - Challenges154 - Ribbon or lace
- The shabby tea room - Week 158 - Anything goes - Top 3
- Inky impressions challenges - Flowers -
- Abc-challenge - Just as you like -
- One stop craft - Challenge 220 - Anything goes
- Totally gorjuss - Challenge 175 - Something old (record and the style of the gramophone)
- Whoopsi Daisy - Punch it out challenge -
- 2 sisters - Challenge 135 - Flowers for spring
- Crafting for all seasons - Challenge 48 - Anything but card
- Vintage udfordring 56 - Vår
- Crafty boots challenges - Flowers
- Panduro hobby - Inspirert av musikk
- Hot shot craft - Challenge 15 - Anything but a card
- Papirdokkene - Utfordring 45 - Maling -
- Anonyme scrapper - Til en jente og minst 6 blomster -
- By the cute and girly - March challenge - Favourite things (the patterned paper and 3d)