I have made a card for a girl in a mixture of styles. I wanted to make a sweet and rough "Tim Holtz" style card for a teenager. I decided to make all the background papers myself, experimenting with sprays, distress inks, stencils MetaMica, Gesso, dylusions sprays, distress embossing powder and dry embossing - just having fun :) This card is inspired by a project made by a really good artist, Karen Berniston.
The card is made from a sheet of plastic, then embellished and decorated.
On the front and back of the card, I have used white cardstock, sprayed it with dylusions sprays and Color shine. Then dry embossed it with "M-Bossabilities A4 Card Embossing Folder - Kickin' Rubber" from Spellbinders. In the end, I pained the paper black and sanded of the black paint where the paper was raised. The butterflies are cut out from a paper from "Graphic 45 - Olde Curiosity Shoppe Collection - Butterfly Specifics"
The paper on the inside is also handmade and decorated in a "Tim Holtz style". The Crowns are a modified freebie from Shery k designs. They are cut with silhouette, distressed with distress embossing powder - vintage photo and slightly coloured with a mixture of gesso and vibrant turquoise dylusions spray.
To make the background paper, I used dylusions sprays (vibrant turquoise and a mixture of cherry pie and squeerred orange (mixed in a pray bottle with some water before it was sprayed onto the paper)). The background stamps are from "Tim Holtz - Mini Blueprint 3" - stamped pumice stone distress ink. The hot air balloons are from Kaisercraft - Periwinkle- Frames Sticker Sheet. The ticket is from My Mind's Eye - Dilly Dally "Celebrate" Tickets paper. The tape measure is from Basic Grey: Life of the Party - How You've Grown . The text is from a stamp set from Tim Holtz - Stuff 2 say. The hand is a digital freebie from Graphics fairy
The tube is a handmade tube, made from pearls and a plastic tube with wire going through it. I have used a small part of a book page inside the tube, and this also hides the wire. The gears are different freebies from, cut out with a silhouette, distressed distressing embossing powder and/ or painted with gesso and MetaMica.
I am entering these challenges:
- Ett trykk - jubileumsutfordringer uke 4 - tørrembossing
- Simon says stamp and show - Colour
- The pink elephant challenge - Lift it (Karen Berniston) - Winner
- Bearly mine - Challenge 83 - Digital image
- Delightful sketches - Colour
- Inky impressions challenges - Punches or dies
- Crafts and me - Challenges 129 - Bling it up
- 7 kids challenge blog - Challenge 71 - Anything goes
- Shellys images - Flowers
- Totally gorjuss - Challenge 180 - Embossing
- Allsorts challenge - Flowers
- 2 sisters challenge blog - Challenge 140 - Blue and green
- Joanna sheen challenge - recycle (Old book page and a plastic tube)
- Nordsalten hobbyklubb - Utfordring 72 - Festelige begivenheter
- Scrap creations - Animals
- Love to scrap - Challenge - Cut it out - Winner
- Kreative verden utfordringsblogg - Alt er lov - Winner