I have entered the European Scrap Battle.
This is my altered project for round 2. There was supposed to be a vote to get on to the third round, but we all go on to the next round this time.
This windmill was a challenge I got from a friend - Gunn-Eirill a year ago. I was challenged to make a windmill that would produce enough electricity to lighten a small bulb! Those who knows me, know that eventhoug I am Norwegian - I really love Australia. Therefore I thought this had to be an Australian type windmill (actually used to pump water) and an Australian outback house - where the windmill makes a light come on, on the porch.
The house and the windmill is my own design. The papers I have used on the house is Prima - Yesterday lifetime and Fabscraps: Angelic 1 - Angelic Christmas. For the porch, I used Kaisercraft: Recycled - Base Coat. The roof tiles are light gray bazzill from Panduro. I have cut each tile with a silhouette, distressed them with gesso, and glued them on - one by one. The insect netting is cut with a silhouette. The bike on the porch is from Korthobby. Inside the windmill, I have made a small nest out of thin branches and placed tiny eggs and feathers in it.
The Didgeridoo Tilda and Tilda with her Kookaburra are stamped on Kraft and coloured with Prismacolors. The flowers are from Prima and Hobbykunst (Mathia roses). The leaves are from Hobbykunst (Mathia).
The Koala Hug Tilda is also stamped on Kraft and coloured with Prismacolors
The Windmill from the side. In between the flowers and leaves are pearls, white clay hearts and thin ribbon.
The light will only light when the windmill is turned. The generator is made from an old altered computer fan. These fans need to go so quick to make the led bulb light. Therefore, I made a pulley system. The windmill is connected to a cardboard tube (Inside of a Washi tape roll). This cardboard tube is connected to a smaller plastic bobbin with a rubber band. The altered computer fan (generator) is pulled quicker than the windmill goes round.
The windmill will produce light when it is turned around.
This is how to alter an old computerfan to make a windmill
- European Scrap Battle - Alter - round 2 - (Word - Invention and alter) - Onto round 3
- Crazy challenge - Bingo (Flowers, diecuts and pearls)
- Bearly mine - Challenge102 Anything goes
- Shellys images - September Challenge (3-Die, 4-Kraft Paper and 6- Flowers)
- Tildas town - Challenge 69 - Something old (altered computer fans) and something new (flowers)
- Allsorts challenge - Butterflies
- Crazy 4 challenges - Flowers and Pearls
- Totally gorjuss - Challenge 200 - Anything goes
- Magnolia down under challenges - Hearts - Top 5
- Sugar creek hollow - Vintage rose garden
- Joanna sheen challenge - Ribbon
- Addicted to stamps - Anything goes
- Crafty ribbons challenge - Anything goes with a ribbon
- scrappin all over - Minimum 3 restepapir
- Kreative verden - Alt annet enn kort - Vinner
- Ett trykk - trykkpressa september 2013 - Naturelement (Rede av kvist med fjær i vindmølla) - Top 3
- Vintage udfordring - challenge 65 - Anything goes - Vintage
- Papirdokkene - Uutfordring 51 - Stempel Top 5
- Picture and scrap - Utfordring 60 - Dies