Hand made interior pieces are always fun. I have had some fun with some old wooden pieces, and created vintage signs. This is a fun sign, that I created for my craft room, and has shown for The Papercrafting today.
Signs like this is a nice personal gift, or a little something to add to your own home. They are always a fun little thing to have on the wall or on a shelf.
Creating the sign:
- Glue together pieces of wood to create the size you want. When the glue has dries, sand the edges of sign.
- Paint the sign (I used black acrylic paint).
- Add the text. I used a hand made stencil, created with a silhouette. There are stencils with letters, or text's that you can get in craft shops. You can also paint the sign in the colour you want the letters, add thickers or sticky letters and paint the sign again. When the paint has dried, remove the added letters.
- You may want to work a bit with the letters after you used the stencil, going over some of them, to tidy them up a bit in places.
- The edges here, has a glitter pattern. This has been created using one of Tim Holtz stensils (Set 4 - Mini Layered Stencil Set). I have added blank gesso above the stencil. When the gesso was wet, the glitter was added.