fredag 1. februar 2019

I see you

Hello everyone, it*s Kirsten here today, showing you a card with  lots of die cuts and die cuts used as a stencil.

The sweet blue paper is from the You Are My Sunshine - 6x6 Paper pad. This is a paper pad with light and summer colours, perfect for those bright summer cards. The card has been created with the Garden Escape Build-A-Card die set. I have cut the card stock a bit different with this die. You can see a tutorial for this further down in the blogpost. 

The birds, bird bath and the little bird cage are die cuts with dies from he Garden Escape Build-A-Card die set. The circles under the cat has been created with dies from the Sunburst Rectangle Die Set.

At the back of the card, I used several papers from the You Are My Sunshine - 6x6 Paper pad. The rectangle behind the circle is a die cut created with a die from the Scalloped Rectangle Die Set. I have added space for a private message at the back, created with die cuts from the Happy Days Circle die set.

Creating the background for the card


The base of the card was created, cutting a piece of card stock to 12 x 20 cm. I die cut both edges of the rectangle (at the 12cm side) with the large die from the Garden Escape Build-A-Card die set.  I made sure the die was above the paper with the cutting edge down onto the paper, and the other side of the die (where I did not want it to cut), was above the die.  You can stop the die cutting half way through the plates, as you don't want to cut the bottom half.

I cut the patterned paper in the same way, and added it to the card. I added a strip of patterned paper to the middle of the card.

I also wanted to use a stencil, and use gesso onto the background. I decided to use a die cut created with the Sunburst Rectangle Die Set as a stencil. The I decorated the card with die cuts and a photo of my little sweet cat.

Wishing you a happy crafty weekend

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...