mandag 28. oktober 2019

Steampunk googles - Published in TPC

Steampunk has always facinated me for some reason. Gears and victorian inspiration are some of the key words to steampunk. Airships, googles and a very specific way of dressing up. These steampunk googles has been made from some old welding goggles and was published in the magazine TPC a year ago. 



I have used a leather texture paper from Kaisercraft - Cherry Tree Lane - Leather with wooden and metal gears from Finnabair, black and cobber spray paint and wax and paint from Finnabair. 



The google itself, are old welding goggles. They were dismanteled before they were altered. Paint will generally not fix to plastic. Therefore I sanded the down a bit and added serviets as decopage first. After that I painted the googles.



 The glass has been covered with washi tape, before I spry painted the googles. 


I used the paper from the Cherry Tree Lane from Kaisercraft to get the leather pattern at the back of the googles. 


Then I added gears, and dry painted with Finnabair's cobber metalic paint and wax.






Happy crafting. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...