As a part of the design team at Hobbykunst, I got a Glass Ornament from Meslissa Francis and was asked to make something out of it.
I made a small "fairy in a bottle". The grass, base and the mushroom is decorated with old book pages. The little fairy boy is cut out from an old book. The fairy wings and butterflies are from Kort og Godt. The cut flower and small fairy in the grass are from an old Graphic 45 paper, Once Upon a Spring Time.
Around the edge of the glass, I have glued a lace. The glass has a simple circular cardboard as base. This kind of base is not ideal to make 3D crafts om - so I made my own base. I have added the tutorial and templates for my base.
Templates and Copyright - Please read.
This is my own template. You are free to use my templates, and publish your own craft. However, it would be nice if you link back to me. Please do not sell or publish my templates, as they are or edited! My templates are copyrighted by law.
Dette er min egen mal. Du kan fritt bruke malen til å lage dine egne arbeider. Du kan også fritt publisere ditt eget arbeide. Jeg ville imidlertid satt pris på om du linket tilbake til meg. Du har ikke lov til å publisere eller selge mine maler, som de er eller redigert. Mine maler har copyright under Åndsverksloven.
(Click on the picture to get a larger version):
1) Cut out the pieces. I have used 200g card stock for this base.
2) Use the small circle (top) and the 19 cm long rectangle.
3) Glue on the flips on one side of the rectangle.
4) Glue the side to the top circle, you now have the start of a cylinder.
5) Use the ring, that the glass will sit on, and the 24 cm rectangle.
6) Glue the side to the the ring.
7) Side glued to the ring
8) You have to sets for the base. Add some glue to the inside of the ring (not on the side, but on the inside of the ring itself)
9) Put the ring around the cylinder, and adjust the level of the ring - so the cylinder and the ring both touch the table. The base is starting to take form.
10) Turn the the base around.
11) Glue (the bottom) circle to the base. Make sure the flips from the inner circle are glued on the inside of the circle under the base, and the flips on the outside are glued on the outside of the circle under the base.
12) Glue the (decorative boarder under the base) to the bottom of the base.
Tutorial for the mushroom:
14) Take a piece of card (I have used 200g)
15) Role the card and glue together.
16) Make a hole in the base to fit the rolled card. I have decentered the hole, because I wanted the mushroom set to one side.
17) Put some glue in the hole and glue the rolled up paper.
18) Use a Styrofoam Egg (6cm).
19) Cut the top of the Styrofoam egg. You only need the top part of the egg for the mushroom
20) Make a hole inside the top of the styrofoam egg to fit the top of the rolled up paper. Add some glue to the hole.
21) Put the styrofoam piece on to the rolled card - and you have got a mushroom.
I am entering these challenges;
- Craft your passion - Challenge 155 - make it cute - Winner
- Crazy challenge - Fairies and flowers
- Trimmies craft challenge - Challenge 199 - Inspirational photo
- Shellys images - Show us what you have got
- Fussy and fancy - Challenge 85 - Spring days
- Totally gorjuss - Challenge 176 - Something borrowed (book pages)
- Sugar creek hollow - Altered state (Bell jar and styrofoam egg)
- Hot shot craft - Challenge 15 - Anything but card
- Crafting for all seasons - Challenge 48 - Anything but card