We are showing you Mixed Media projects at StampARTic today. Mixed Media is an art form, where you use a lot of different types of medias to create a finished product. Paper, plastic, metal and flowers are often used. Paint, stains and sprays are used to colour the background and the different medias to create shadows and different effects. There are a lot of different paperartists who create Mixed Media. Two of them are Aida Domisiewicz og Anna Dabrowska (Finnabair).
I have created a Mixed Media Journal page. Papers and some of the embellishments are mostly from Prima. Prima is also challenging crafters to "Think Pink" this month - so I did.
The background paper is from Prima - Something Blue Collection. I have used dilution sprays on the background, and created background effects in the paper with my own stencils and gesso. The metal has been coloured with Triton acrylic markers (acrylic paint in a marker). I have also tested Primas new leaves- and lacy flower- dies.
The grass is made from polishing wool for cars, coloured with alcohol ink.
I use RX glue for most of the papers, polishing wool and ribbon and lace. I use Matte Super Heavy Gel (Liquitex) for the metal ands some of the embellishments.
The full journal page.
Creating the journal page - Tutorial
I am entering these challenges:
- Picture and scrap - Dies
- Scrappehjertet - Dies
- Sweet stamps blog - Dies
- My bestie norg - Distress, smear and tear
- The pink elephant challenge - Anything goes
- Whimsy inspires - Anything goes
- 7 kids challenge blog - Anything goes with ribbon and lace
- Incy wincy designs - Old stains and lace, new papers
- Inky impressions challenges - Anything but a card
- Crafty catz weekly challenge - Sentiment
- Fussy and fancy challenge - Lots of pink