mandag 15. april 2019

Mixed media Easter egg

As the last Easter egg for this year, I am going to show you an egg inspired by a canvas created by one of Finnabair's designers, Olya Kravets. Finnabair has got some fantastic designers on her team this year, and they are giving us so much inspiration, so we can get ideas to be crafty with her products.  I often follow other designers to learn and study texture, colours and techniques. I am also asking you all to support and follow other designers, follow blogs, you-tube channels and follow them on instagram. Learn, copy to learn, and support other designers (but  give credit, when credit is due) :) 


The base of the egg was a cardboard egg. I started with creating texture for the top of the egg, where the rust effect is. Here, I added gesso with a sponge and added old left overs thick letters and beads. I painted over it black, dark brown and light brown in places, with Finnabair's rust paste. I waited for this layer to dry, before I added the next layer.



The next layer was the blue layer. I added paper tissue a piece of cardtock, with liquitex medium. Then I painted it blue with thinned Finnabair acryllic paint and white gesso. When the paint was dry, I riped a long strip of the card stock, and glued it to the edge of the rust effect. I added some old stars, from some of my first scrapping stash.


Then I added stripes of white card stock to the edge of the blue paper. I added Liguitex thick medium to the edges, to create a smooth edge between the edge of the papers and the edge of the egg. I painted the last part white, and added thinned out silver paint from Finnabair to the edge of the egg. I also added half beads in different sized and painted them in silver.


Happy Easter


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...